Business Insights Analyst
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Business Insights Analyst
Department: Business Insights
Position band: Specialist (Global Grade 2)
Reports to: Business Insights Manager
Type of position: 16-month Contract
The Business Insights Analyst is responsible for providing reporting and analysis support for the Business Insights team. Based in Toronto, the candidate will build reporting solutions to help the regional and the field team understand what drives our business’ current performance and help inform strategy of what will drive performance in the future. The successful candidate will also provide analysis on channel performance and regional marketing promotions. This position is an excellent match for someone with strong business acumen and passion for data insights.
Who you are
You are an objective and fact-based individual, with keen attention to detail. You are comfortable communicating with all levels of the organization from the field to leadership. You can manage your time well and work effectively in a fast paced, agile, and sometimes high-pressure environment. If you like to explore, invent and inspire - we need someone who is curious and wants to find better, sharper, more innovative ways to solve business problems.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting business consultants in building presentation decks on business performance.
- Collaborate with team to consolidate inputs to feed into monthly results.
- Monitor and identify changes in business trends with stakeholders.
- Supporting channel and regional marketing campaign ad hoc requests, tracking and analysis.
- Supports the quantification of marketing programs (program sales/financial impacts, ROI, and market share).
- Sharing and presenting results to stakeholders.
- Executing regular channel related reporting.
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to gather requirements to understand the needs of the business.
- Designing, developing, and testing new reporting solutions or enhancements to existing reports.
- Creating and launching new reports that provide insights into key performance indicators.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Work experience: Three to five years’ experience in data analysis or reporting position in a marketing, business, research or analytics department
- Education: An undergraduate degree with a data, analytics or business focus
- Experience in building dashboards and reports with various KPIs for a wide range of stakeholders
- Experienced and capable in working in fast paced, agile, and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Strong communication and presentation delivery skills and drive for success
- Knowledge of SQL & MS Office proficiency (specifically Excel, PowerPoint) is essential
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Tableau and/or other similar dashboarding tools
- Dedicated self-starter who can work independently to provide timely support for weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reporting.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.