Business Analyst - Data & Analytics
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and uses our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the meaningful role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always eager for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
The Global Technology Data & Analytics team has an exciting opportunity for Sr. Data Technical Analyst, working with the Product Managr and Global Delivery team to build out a holistic delivery data platform to ingest 1st and 3rd party data of our owned and 3rd party delivery network. The goal is to build out multiple data marts to allow business teams to analyse new business opportunities, reduce reconciliation costs within our departments and evolve the strategic partnerships with deliver vendors
1. Product knowledge and strategy for the future - Technical and business understanding
- Know Your product
- Understand the data ingest, transform, load, table structures -both inbound and outbound
- Serve as the expert going deep on the functional use cases the product enables and how the use cases support business processes and business value
- Understand the technical components of your products and be able to identify key stakeholders
- Recognize product performance from an end-user standpoint including data quality, responsiveness, reliability, etc.
- Be able to engage in a conversation on all facets of your products, and require others’ input only to go particularly deep
- Actively access and analyse product data to drive product strategy and solutions with end consumers of the product
- Knowledge of the technology involved in your product
- Be able to engage in discussions regarding whether your product is using the right solutions, and always looking forward to continuously evolve and improve
- Build up working knowledge of technologies existent within product pipeline
2. Stakeholdering / Customer Obsession - Keeping customers top of mind
- Own your product Design
- Define, manage and execute functional and non functional requirements to support product vision and to deliver on key business priorities
- Maintain documentation of product and provide visibility to the markets and other business stakeholders of value and features
- Be customer obsessed - ensure your products are working well and evolving appropriately
- Convey the vision and progress for your designated product to the business, stakeholders, and leadership
- Ensure Product reliability and quality, especially data quality for core data-centric product.
- Ensure Design products meet of features requirements to the definition of done
- Conduct regular end-user product feedback sessions and enhance products accordingly
- Ensure features are designed for scaling to global and markets functions
- Be an advocate for the end-user experience
- Support efforts to increase product adoption across the global functions and markets
- Ensuring a close loop process from idea ticket to release notes with the stakeholder
- Accountable for 4.5/5 CSAT
- Ensure that business engagement points (e.g. User stories) have correct visibility to allow business to understand potential changes to your product
3. Collaboration Capability
- Be the catalyst for collaboration
- Lead requirements gathering and discovery workshops
- Participate in Solutioning sessions with various product teams and ensure that any impact to our Data products is identified and documented appropriately
- Work cross-functionally and manage relationships across other products/teams
- Join forces with other Business Techical analysts across the organization to ensure alignment and coordination across products as necessary for multi-product work and initiatives
4. Capacity and Resource Management
- Manage your capacity
- Manage work through allocation of story points to sprints to ensure demand meets capacity
- Guide work through intital stages of McDonald’s Demand Management Process including decomposing ideation tickets into Epics and Requirements gathering
- Work with Product Manager to prioritize own work to ensure needs of the business are met to the capacity available
- ·Author and create design artifacts such as: Functional design specifications, source to data mapping and process and data flow diagrams.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Solid understanding of business processes and ability to translate business requirements into analytical solutions.
- 2-3 years’ of active experience as a Business Analyst or equivalent role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work with complex data sets and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, or QlikView.
- Experienced with Agile/Scrum ways of working, and hands-on with collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to effectively convey analytical findings to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and a strong commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively in cross- functional teams.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.