Bilingual Real Estate Transaction Manager - Quebec/Atlantic Canada
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Bilingual Real Estate Transaction Manager - Quebec/Atlantic Canada Department: Restaurant Development
Position band: Supervisory/Consultant
Reports to: Senior Real Estate Transaction Manager
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
The Real Estate Asset Management Department is hiring a Bilingual Real Estate Transaction Manager - Quebec/Atlantic, located in either the Toronto or Montreal (Dorval) office. The role reports to the Senior Real Estate Transaction Manager.
The successful candidate will partner with Restaurant Development, Asset Management, Legal, Franchising,
Construction, Field Service, etc. and be accountable for the following Quebec and Atlantic Canada Development Projects, New, Relocation and Rebuilds of restaurants.
Key customers include: Regional and National Leadership, Legal, Restaurant Development Team, Owner Operators, McOpCo (Corporate Owned) and Regional Staff.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about the real estate business and have the leadership abilities to build positive relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to tackle problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong interpersonal and planning skills to move the company forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
- Assist with drafting and negotiations of Letters of Intent/Offer to Lease with Area Real Estate Managers.
- Negotiate and draft all terms and conditions of lease agreements (based upon L.O.I or Offer to Lease), which includes working with Area Real Estate Managers, Landlord’s, in-house Legal and at times outside counsel.
- Assist with the drafting and negotiations of Agreements of Purchase and Sale, work with in-house Legal and outside counsel; track, oversee, and waive deal conditions.
- Assist with drafting all other real estate agreements, including lease amending agreements.
- Various project information, requests and approvals with the Construction Department and consultants.
- Oversee miscellaneous aspects of Restaurant Development, project and department specific tasks - conditions, Title Opinion, NDA documents, lease registrations, lease commencement acknowledgement letters, general real estate reporting and tracking, broker, landlord and developer relationships, certain financial reviews and documentation preparation.
- Aligns goals and objectives with the Department, National and Corporate strategies and processes.
- Partners with Legal and Area Real Estate Manager to prioritize all lease documentation to ensure timing of various projects align with the national development plan.
- Attend and participate in Regional/National Development meetings and all regular Team meetings.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bilingual in French and English is required.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of related real estate training and work experience in drafting and solid negotiation of legal documents in commercial real estate.
- Strong negotiator with outstanding knowledge of commercial leases and lease terms.
- QSR retail leasing experience or legal experience in commercial leasing considered an asset.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-organized, with excellent multi-tasking and prioritizing skills to manage multiple sites at any given time, with tight deadlines - while still maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills and technologically savvy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adjust quickly to change.
- Critical thinker and ability to escalate when assistance is needed in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and lead all areas of responsibility, with minimal supervision and to impeccable professional standards.
- Stand with the Guest - Strong guest focus with the ability to provide accurate and timely responses.
- Inspire Others to Shine - Self-starter, able to work under minimal supervision, strong interpersonal skills and team player.
- Collaborate Across Boundaries - High degree of influence and credibility both internally and externally.
- Focus on Shared Purpose - Superior communication who can handle difficult situations and conversations.
- Seek New Ways - Ability to monitor market trends and adapt accordingly.
Bilingualism (French, English) - For this position, when an employee is based in Montreal, French will be the primary language of business. In addition to the knowledge of French, the position of Bilingual Real Estate Transaction Manager requires strong oral and written English skills.
Our organization is present throughout Canada as well as in many other countries.
Following an assessment, we have determined that the duties related to the position of Bilingual Real Estate Transaction Manager require the knowledge of English, in addition to French (both oral and written). This position requires, among other things, the person to communicate orally and in writing with national departments, suppliers and franchisees located outside of the province of Quebec, including in Ontario and Atlantic Canada. Our organization has business that requires national coordination. We have also determined that the knowledge of English that is already required of other employees does not allow for the execution of the duties requiring the knowledge of English in connection with the position of Bilingual Real Estate Transaction Manager. However, McDonald’s restricts as much as possible the number of positions for which it requires the knowledge of a language other than French. McDonald’s requires English proficiency only when necessary to the execution of an employee’s duties.Additional Information:
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4591P_743999904709358
- Project Management