McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
- Family: We get better together
In this exciting opportunity you will be part of the Adoption and Innovation function where you will operate with a customer first mindset continuously striving to improve the customer and crew experience. The core purpose of the Backlog analyst is to maintain and refine the central backlog ensuring it is accurate, current and represents the single department view of planned or inflight activity throughout the lifecycle.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Work as part of the Adoption and Innovation team to foster a high performing culture aligned with the company values.
- Works closely with stakeholders and colleagues to understand, refine, record and priorities the single department backlog so that the wider teams can make decisions on what work to progress.
- Liaise with Global teams to track and progress IDEA tickets as necessary
- Works collaboratively with the Tech Hive to ensure a steady flow of items are available to be transferred into sprints
- Ensure that a transparent and accurate view of the status of all backlog items is always available to all stakeholders
- Work closely with the Optimisation and Adoption teams to build a close ecosystem driving value and improvements to our customers
- Drives a customer first approach across the Tech Hive and supports the wider Innovation and Adoption team
- Represents the Adoption and Innovation team in forums to progress backlog refinement as required
- Assist in translating backlog items into user stories
- Stays close to the business, IT teams and franchisees by building and maintaining strong relationships
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the McDonald’s business
What team will I be a part of?
The Tech Hive Team will be part of the Adoption & Innovation Team which is part of the wider Technology and Change Team.
Who are my customers?
- Operations function
- All UK & ROI Restaurants and staff
- Business functions across UK&I
- Global and segment technology teams
- Our agencies, partners and suppliers
What background do I need to have?
- A strong interest in technology innovation and technical products and the ability to distil their business benefits simply to non-technical audiences
- Customer first mindset
- Experience in working as part of a collaborative team to achieve joint outcomes
- Experience of working within an outsourced and highly complex technology and business environment
- Ability to capture and articulate detailed technical or business information into meaningful backlog items
- Ability to work creatively under pressure of time and scope
- Able to make and take ownership of decisions at fast pace
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organisation
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong team working and collaboration skills
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4010T_743999866624041
- Information Technology