Associate Counsel, Marketing & Intellectual Property Legal Team
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
We are looking for an Associate Counsel to join our Marketing & Intellectual Property Practice Group that is highly motivated and ready to learn. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for providing strategic legal advice to the Marketing, Menu and Communications teams on a wide range of commercial matters relating to the brand, including advertising campaign review and substantiation, as well as negotiating and redlining marketing, licensing and IP agreements.
In this role, you will:
- Negotiate and draft sponsorship, promotion, licensing, confidentiality, music, sports, talent and advertising agency agreements.
- Review advertising and communications materials for compliance with applicable laws and brand requirements.
- Advise clients on social media issues and digital content, including disclosure requirements and endorsement guidelines.
- Analyze advertising substantiation issues.
- Counsel clients on trademark, copyright, patent, trade secret and rights of publicity and privacy matters.
- Research and advise clients regarding food and nutrition regulatory matters and advertising, including FDA, USDA, FTC and international requirements.
- Counsel and advise clients on marketing to children guidelines and policies, both in the US and globally.
- JD required
- Associate Counsel level attorney (0-3 years’ experience)
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to dive into business issues and help provide practical solutions
- Ability to complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with an understanding of the business priorities
- Outstanding communications and leadership skills with proven success in building internal and external partnerships.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with national and global business clients.
- Comfortable handling a wide variety of matters, including issues in new, unchartered territory
- Must exercise sound judgment, be able to work efficiently under time pressures and deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to participate effectively and constructively as a member of a team.
- Excellent academic credentials
- Reasonable travel required
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4473Z_743999901746173