Assistant Project Manager - Construction
McDonald’s Australia Limited (MAL) is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as "Macca's", we are a household name in Australia for over 50 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count! As an employer of choice winner, working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way, while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements and an attractive staff discount; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.Job Description:
Could you be our next Assistant Project Manager?
Are you passionate about creating spaces that bring people together? If so, we have an opportunity that might just be perfect for you! As an Assistant Project Manager in Construction, you'll play a crucial role in bringing our vision to life. You'll work alongside experienced Project Managers, helping to develop new restaurants and revitalise existing ones.
What can you expect on a day-to-day basis?
- Take charge of assigned projects, ensuring they progress seamlessly through each phase of the lifecycle. Your focus on time, cost, quality, and safety will be paramount.
- Maintain open lines of communication with stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure everyone is on the same page and projects stay on track.
- Collaborate with our Real Estate team to evaluate potential restaurant sites, manage tender processes, and oversee the execution of new restaurant openings.
- Work closely with operators to breathe new life into existing restaurants, from reviewing project documentation to managing contractor relationships.
- Provide assistance to Project Managers as needed, maintain project schedules, and help obtain necessary approvals for projects in your market.
- You'll immerse yourself in the McDonald's ethos, learning and growing every step of the way
Your keys to success:
- A bachelor’s in Construction, Project Management or similar
- A background in construction or project management
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments and excel at keeping projects organized and on schedule
- A master communicator
- Understand the value of collaboration and enjoy working closely with colleagues to achieve common goals
- You're eager to learn and grow, staying up to date on industry trends and best practices
The Maccas Difference
- A day off on your birthday
- Immerse yourself in a lively and vibrant culture enriched with local events
- Access hundreds of retail discounts with your favourite retails i.e. JB Hi-Fi, Woolworths, Apple etc.
- Embrace a highly flexible work environment that suits your lifestyle
- Prioritise your wellbeing with initiatives, including a 24/7 wellbeing partner for both you and your immediate family
- Unplug and rejuvenate with a fifth week of annual leave
- Ignite your professional growth with continuous development opportunities that align with your career aspirations and passions
As an equal opportunity employer, we strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We strive to make every moment through the recruitment process a feel-good moment for everyone. Let us know if we can provide any reasonable accommodations to enable you to participate in the job application and interview process, if you'd like to note your pronouns or have suggestions for how we can improve in this space.
Joining our team means more than just a job-it's an opportunity to make a real impact and be part of something bigger than yourself. If you're ready to take the next step in your career and help us build the future of McDonald's, we want to hear from you. Apply now and let's create something amazing together! You will be directed to an external link.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF6395M_743999967231324