Assistant Development Manager/Development Manager
McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as "Macca's", we are famous in the global McDonald’s world for adding beetroot to our Aussie burgers and creating the world’s first McCafé in Melbourne. A household name in Australia for over 50 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count!Job Description:
Our National Development Group are critical to identifying, building, and maintaining McDonald’s Restaurant sites across the country. There’s an exciting opportunity to join the Real Estate arm of the team as an Assistant Development Manager or Development Manager. In this role, your main purpose is to find, evaluate and acquire freehold and leasehold properties in WA that would be ideal sites to develop into new McDonald’s restaurants. After property acquisition/lease, sites are handed over to the Construction arm of the team to commence building the new restaurant. As a Group, the team are integral to supporting and expanding the presence of Macca’s in Australia.
What are the main focus points of the role?
- Using industry connections, real estate knowledge and experience, technology and old-fashioned leg work to actively find potential new sites (freehold or leasehold) to develop into McDonald’s restaurants in WA in the short and medium term
- Conducting detailed research into potential sites; critically assessing and evaluating the feasibility, suitability and potential of each site to become a successful and profitable McDonald’s restaurant location
- Presenting feasibility analysis and recommendations to leadership to assist stakeholders to understand the strengths and risks of each potential site when making financial decisions around property acquisition or leasing
- Managing the end-to-end property acquisition (or leasing) process, including working with the Legal team and external consultants (where applicable) to negotiate deals, seek internal approvals, finalise legal documentation, pursue relevant authority approvals (e.g. development approval) up to possession of the property for handover to the Construction Team
- Working closely with specialist external consultants (where necessary) and the Construction team to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Engaging and fostering ongoing communication with key stakeholders such as McDonald’s operators, leadership, vendors, landlords, leadership, corporate departments and National Development Group team members to create alignment, keep projects on track and deliver on the National Development Group’s plan
- Using real estate expertise and market analysis techniques to provide advice to the business on appropriate market prices, market rents and other cost considerations
- Working with National Development Group leadership to understand business priorities to focus on the right geographical areas and needs for real estate development pipeline
- Assisting Asset Management, Construction and Legal with any high priority real estate matters requiring additional expertise or attention
- Managing general real estate related matters and enquiries as they arise
What skills do I need to be successful in the role?
- Knowledgeable in property acquisitions ideally demonstrated experience in structuring deals
- Strong understanding of legislative environmental standards and WHS practices
- Able to see the big picture and be a strategic thinker
- Self-motivated and proactive, someone who goes looking for opportunities and drives self-development
- Organised, methodical and able to effectively manage and prioritise multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Great at building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationship with colleagues, stakeholders and third parties
- A clear and concise communicator, able to help all stakeholders understand important information
Why choose us?
Employer of choice winner for the past three years, McDonald’s Australia is defined by its culture. Our culture is an expression of why and how we do things around here. It influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with our customers, franchisees and suppliers. It is our purpose to feed and foster the community; and our mission is making delicious, feel-good moments easy for everyone.
Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements, a bonus week of annual leave and a market leading incentive scheme; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.
Join our team!
So if you are eager to jump into a new position within a passionate team and market leading brand, then APPLY today.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF3519C_743999857810081