Assistant Brand Manager
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Assistant Brand Manager
Department: National Marketing
Position band: Specialist(G2)
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Type of position: Full-time
The Marketing Specialist will work closely with the National Marketing Manager on our Beef, Desserts, and Sides businesses. They will help facilitate and influence the cross-functional team in the development and commercialization of new products and the execution of marketing campaigns to support the launch. Specifically, they will work closely with different functions across the business (Menu, Business & Consumer Insights, Supply Chain, Operations, Legal & Quality Assurance) to ensure projects are on strategy and approved by all stakeholders within required timelines. The Specialist will also work closely with our Advertising Agency and merchandising team to support advertising campaigns and retail promotions (merchandising, mass, digital, social, owned assets & media plans).
Who You Are
- A creative thinker who is consumer-obsessed. You love thinking about how products or campaigns will resonate and excite consumers.
- You are passionate about keeping up with the latest in trends and culture - whether it’s a new trend on TikTok or a new food innovation.
- You are organized and detail-oriented. You are able to manage multiple projects at once and keep all details organized and accurate.
- You are a strong communicator. You’re able to share information clearly and concisely to people with varying backgrounds.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and are proactive in times of uncertainty to keep moving things forward.
- You are a critical thinker - you’re able to critically review information and anticipate questions and obstacles.
- You thrive on collaboration - you love an informal chat to throw ideas around, are comfortable taking small thinking and building something bigger.
- You are unafraid to teach and always open to learning. You understand that roles like this one mean working with various stakeholders, venturing into new spaces and challenging yourself to level up and grow within your role.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
**This position is a Flex Hybrid Model, requiring 3 days in-office and 2 days remote.**
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cross-Functional Project Owner: primary coordinator between internal (Operations, Supply Chain, Legal, Business Intelligence, CRM, Communications, etc.) and external (Agency) teams to enable uninterrupted workstreams, continuous communication and team alignment. Accurately compiling and relaying feedback/updates to internal/external teams
- Support for advertising campaigns and retail promotions: develop communication briefs and cross-functional briefing presentations, and providing strategic feedback on advertising campaigns and retail promotions (merchandising, mass, digital, social, owned assets & media plans)
- Responsible for internal review and approval of advertising campaigns and retail promotions, to ensure they adhere to brand standards & legal regulations
- Support the product innovation process including concept development, new product briefing and development, and consumer research & validation
- Work with Consumer and Business Insights teams to understand category opportunities, consumer needs, and identify opportunities to drive sales and visits
- Marketing lead for Deployment and Restaurant Execution of promotions
- Develop and coordinate communications with cross-functional team for internal stakeholders, namely corporate senior management, restaurant management and restaurant crew
- Management of campaign administration: file management, ensuring campaign & project background information are saved & archived for easy reference
- 2+ years of experience managing marketing campaigns
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to bring projects or products to market
- Education: Bachelor's degree in business, marketing and/or a related discipline
- Collaborative and communication skills: strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interface with internal and external partners. Bilingual in both French and English would be considered an asset.
- Project management experience: strong organizational and time management skills with experience working on complex, large-scale, time-critical projects
- Flexibility: enjoy working in a fast-paced agile work environment and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Analytical: knowledge of and passion for metrics and trends and proven track record of acting on data
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4342J_743999887822863