McDonald’s Australia is the largest quick service restaurant operation in the country. Fondly known as "Macca's", we are a household name in Australia for over 50 years, we believe that our customers are the heart and soul of everything we do and make it our mission to make every moment count! As an employer of choice winner, working with us means taking pride and having fun along the way, while growing and developing your career in a dynamic and supportive environment. Not only do we offer flexible working arrangements and an attractive staff discount; but we provide an opportunity to work alongside other passionate and talented people every single day.Job Description:
Could you be our next Assistant Accountant?
We have a number of exceptional opportunities to join our Finance (Shared Services) team and be an integral part of our financial excellence!
As an Assistant Accountant in our Lease Accounting team, you will manage and report the financial impacts of leases with precision and adherence to IFRS and GAAP accounting standards. Your responsibilities will encompass a wide range of tasks, including P&L and balance sheet analysis, account reconciliation, lease payment management, ensuring strong internal controls and more.
As an Assistant Accountant in our Acquire to Retire (ATR) team, you'll support the maintenance and management of Fixed Assets and Project Management. Your responsibilities will include Asset and Project cost maintenance, depreciation, balance sheet maintenance, month end subledger close, account reconciliation, reporting to stakeholders and more.
Your success is our priority! We are dedicated to nurturing talent, and as the chosen candidate, you'll benefit from extensive customised training and development, designed to fuel your personal and professional growth. We are on the lookout for individuals who excel in fast-paced settings, are diligent, have a continuous improvement mindset, demonstrate unwavering resilience and agility, and have a natural ability to effortlessly forge strong relationships.Qualifications:
Your keys to success:
- A bachelor’s degree in either Accounting or Finance (or similar)
- Technical accounting skills
- Collaborative by nature and enjoys working cross functionally
- You excel in fast paced environments and embrace challenges with a proactive attitude
- You drive for efficiency keeps operations running seamlessly
- Proven skills in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Curious by nature and eager to learn
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in a Mcdonald's restaurant or similar QSR exposure is preferred however not essential
The Maccas Difference
- Birthday & Volunteer leave
- A fun and vibrant culture packed with a lot of local events
- Access to hundreds of retail discounts including discounted Macca’s
- Highly flexible work environment
- Wellbeing initiatives including a 24/7 wellbeing partner for you and your immediate family
- 5th week of annual leave for you to switch off and recharge
- Ongoing professional development opportunities in line with your career goals and passion
As an equal opportunity employer, we strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We strive to make every moment through the recruitment process a feel-good moment for everyone. Let us know if we can provide any reasonable accommodations to enable you to participate in the job application and interview process, if you'd like to note your pronouns or have suggestions for how we can improve in this space.
At McDonald’s, we’re more than just a brand; we’re united by a commitment to excellence. Your growth journey matters to us, and as an Assistant Accountant, you'll have the chance to contribute meaningfully while honing your skills in a dynamic, supportive environment. If you're ready to take start your accounting career and be a part of a global success story, apply today! Embrace the opportunity to learn, excel, and thrive with us. Your journey starts here.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF5361T_743999927549183