Asset and Configuration Consultant
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
The Asset & Configuration function of McDonald’s UK&I is responsible for the management of hardware assets, which includes optimising the value and cost of technology assets while mitigating the risks these assets present to the organization throughout their life. This is done by establishing an effective technology life cycle that spans from asset selection, operation, refresh, migration, and optimisation, all the way through the retirement and disposal of the hardware.
The team is also responsible for an ongoing strategic plan for the timely patching of software assets across the estate to ensure ongoing compliance.
This team is also responsible for the technology aspects associated with the opening/closure of all new restaurants, restaurant conversions and special projects.
The role holder is responsible for establishing the strategy for this area and leading a high-performing team creating maximum value and compliance for our restaurants and corporate staff.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Ensure that appropriate resources (people, tools, services) and processes are in place to gather and analyse data relating to technology software asset life cycles and related processes
- Promote and advocate the value of ITAM to the Technology and organisational leaders and our Franchisees. This includes developing and promoting effective ITAM strategies, policy, approaches and practices across the full range of digital technology assets used within the organization
- Ensure that the team are set up and deployed to plan and support the annual cycle of restaurant openings and closures, including budget management, technical project management and any associated special projects
- Accountable for the compliance of all restaurant hardware on the UK&I restaurant and corporate office estate
- Identify and report on breaches of ITAM policy and track remedial action.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting, and that data completeness and quality issues are quickly identified and escalated to the responsible data or process owners.
- Gather data on and provide analysis of all activities that have an impact on the value, cost and risk of digital technology asset life cycles.
- Assign responsibilities for subdisciplines, hardware lifecycle planning, hardware asset management (HAM), Hardware maintenance as well as disposal/obsolescence.
- Ensure that ITAM-related tools and services are properly evaluated, selected, implemented, configured and maintained, with appropriate integration with other sources of organisational data.
- Provide access to technology asset data in support of essential activities required to support the effective running of the business.
- Manage the everyday functions of the Hardware Asset Management and Patching team. This includes day to day leadership and supervision, budgeting and other relevant management functions required to hold all Technology and business stakeholders accountable for optimising the cost, risk and benefit of digital technology assets throughout their life cycle.
What Team will I be a part?
Running Great Restaurant Technology
- The Asset & Configuration Consultant will operate as part of Asset and Configuration Management team within the Running Great Restaurant Technology function and will support the wider Technology and Change function
- The role will also work closely with counterparts in other LIOM markets as well as the market Deployment team to ensure the timely deployment and testing of required patches and also the Supplier Management team to ensure that maximum commercial value is achieved through investments in software
Who are my customers?
- Restaurants and Franchisees
- Development / Construction
- Global Technology
- Service Operations
- Supplier Management
What background do I need to have?
- Strategic thinking - An understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to develop a vision and strategy for ITAM and execute it effectively in order to drive results toward those objectives
- Interpersonal skills - Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated
- Strategic relationship management - Includes working with software vendors during license compliance audits
- Strategic vision - Ability to sense emerging needs and drive change as ITAM develops and matures to meet organizational and technology challenges
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key business and technical concepts, and then effectively communicate these concepts with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management
- Strong organisational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and to manage multiple priorities with competing demands for resources
- Strong analytical, data processing and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in process formulation and improvement
- Ability to read and interpret contracts to properly manage digital technology, which includes license and maintenance agreements
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4750A_743999908225788
- Information Technology