Area Construction Manager, West
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Area Construction Manager, West - New Build Team
Department: Restaurant Development
Position band: Consultant/Supervisory (Global Grade 3)
Location: British Columbia or Alberta
Reports to: Regional Construction Manager
Type of position: Full-time, Permanent
The Area Construction Manager work collaboratively with a small but dynamic and energetic construction team, leading new build construction projects from inception to closeout. Job responsibilities includes site and building design, tender preparation and general contractor selection, management of the entire construction phase, and everything in between. The position also provides the opportunity to build restaurants across western Canada, from Manitoba to British Columbia.
Who You Are
You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to solve problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong organizational and planning skills to move projects forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of growth. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
Job Responsibilities: In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Site due diligence, design development, and project estimating for new sites with McDonalds real estate team.
- Participate in developing building and site designs with internal and external designers to create the best finish product.
- Developing tender scopes, managing tenders, and awarding contracts to general contractors and national vendors.
- Managing and tracking project budgets, change orders, and project close out.
- Organizing and attending site visits with general contractors, other stakeholders, and managing those meetings.
- Liaise with municipal bodies, utility companies, franchisees, and other internal departments involved in each project.
- Cultivates and promotes positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing regular project reports and updates to management.
- Typical annual workload is executing 6 large projects, as well as some preplanning work for 6 projects to execute the following year.
- Experience: Demonstrated experience as a construction project manager. Experience in land development, tenant representative role, or Quick-Service Restaurant (QSR) construction industry is considered an asset.
- Collaborative and communication skills: Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively build strong partnerships with management, staff, and external partners.
- Project management experience: Strong organization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to make critical decisions to drive project success.
- Technical skills: Experience with Microsoft Office applications (including SharePoint, OneNote, One Drive, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and BluBeam is considered an asset.
- Agility: Ability to work in fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to changing priority paired with the ability to travel within Canada up to 30% of the year.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Type: Remote
Req ID: REF4421U_743999893506204
- Project Management