Area Construction Manager - Eastern Canada
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Area Construction manager - Eastern region
Department: Restaurant Development
Position band: Supervisory/Consultant
Location: Dorval office
Reports to: Regional Construction Manager - Eastern region
Type of position: Full-time, Permanent
The Area Construction Manager will be accountable for construction execution (project management) of new build projects across the Eastern Canada Region (Ottawa, Québec, Atlantic Provinces).
Who You Are:
You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to solve problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong organizational and planning skills to move projects forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of growth. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Site due diligence, design development, and project estimating for new sites with McDonalds real estate team.
- Participate in developing building and site designs with internal and external designers to create the best finish product.
- Developing tender scopes, managing tenders, and awarding contracts to general contractors and national vendors.
- Managing and tracking project budgets, change orders, and project close out.
- Organizing and attending site visits with general contractors, other stakeholders, and managing those meetings.
- Liaise with municipal bodies, utility companies, franchisees, and other internal departments involved in each project.
- Cultivates and promotes positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing regular project reports and updates to management.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- The Experience: Experience as a construction project Manager. Experience in land development, tenant representative role, or Quick-Service Restaurant (QSR) construction industry is considered an asset.
- Collaborative and communication skills: Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively build strong partnerships with management, staff, and external partners.
- Project management experience: Strong organization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to make critical decisions to drive project success.
- Technical skills: Experience with Microsoft Office applications (including SharePoint, OneNote, One Drive, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Bluebeam is considered an asset.
- Agility: Ability to work in fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to changing priority paired with the ability to travel within Canada up to 30% of the year.
- Bilingualism (French, English) - For this position, when an employee is based in Montreal, French will be the primary language of business. In addition to the knowledge of French, the position of Area Construction manager - Eastern region requires strong oral and written English skills.Our organization is present throughout Canada as well as in many other countries. Following an assessment, we have determined that the duties related to the position of Area Construction manager - Eastern region require the knowledge of English, in addition to French (both oral and written). This position requires, among other things, the person to communicate orally and in writing with national departments, suppliers and franchisees located outside of the province of Quebec, including in Ontario and Atlantic Canada. Our organization has business that requires national coordination. We have also determined that the knowledge of English that is already required of other employees does not allow for the execution of the duties requiring the knowledge of English in connection with the position of Area Construction manager - Eastern region. However, McDonald’s restricts as much as possible the number of positions for which it requires the knowledge of a language other than French. McDonald’s requires English proficiency only when necessary to the execution of an employee’s duties.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.