Administrative Assistant, Global Marketing
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
The Loyalty, Engagement, Media & Market Activation team (which is part of Global Marketing) is looking for an Administrative Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity to build upon your professional experience in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. You will be a critical team member and will perform a wide variety of specialized and administrative functions directly supporting 4 executives. The top candidate will possess strong organizational and communication skills and a proven track record getting results in a team environment and independently.
- Provide active Outlook calendar management for leadership team (Vice President and 3 Senior Directors)
- Work directly with team and across department to effectively communicate vital employee matters (e.g., employee transfers, recognitions, anniversaries) to appropriate audiences
- Manage all travel arrangements and logistics including itinerary building, expense report processing for leadership team
- Serve as team EA, managing events, offsites logistics and birthday/anniversary celebrations for the team
- Participate in the coordination and editing of communications that align with and support the overall goals of the team and organization
- Manage meeting logistics including registering and escorting visitors, room set up, catering, etc
- Provide leadership team with "care and feeding" throughout the day/week
- Assist with on-boarding process for all new team members across the team
- At least 10-15 years experience as an Administrative Assistant, supporting multiple executives in a large organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience preferred
- Demonstrates ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Experience planning large meetings and/or events required
- Must know MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication, project management and critical thinking skills
- Quick learner and ability to understand sophisticated business issues
- Must be organized, motivated and detail-oriented with superior follow-through and proactive approach
- Aptitude to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to complete large volumes of work efficiently and effectively
- Must be extremely proactive with a desire to stretch beyond the task list to support the team
- Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving business and work environment
- Professional, reliable, driven and results-oriented
- Must have diplomacy skills
- Must be in Chicago office at least 3 days/week and on days of Senior Leadership Team meetings
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.