McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
We need an ambitious surveyor to join our acquisitions team and play an integral role in the acquisition and development of new restaurants, predominantly drive thru’s, throughout the UK and Ireland. This is an outstanding opportunity to join the highly successful development team of one of the most iconic brands in the world.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Reporting into the Senior Acquisitions Surveyor in any given region you will assist in the delivery of new restaurant openings and future pipeline sites;
- In a timely manner
- On budget
- In line with expected sales and ROI
- With acceptable deal terms and planning permissions/conditions
- You will play an integral role throughout the entire acquisitions process, from identifying sites and appraising their viability, negotiating both freehold/leasehold deals, gaining planning permission and liaising with construction colleagues throughout the delivery process through to completion.
- You will interact and manage an abundance of external third parties including land owners, developers, property agents, local planning authorities, solicitors, consultants and many more, as well as working closely with our internal construction, legal, finance and ops teams.
- Using your existing experience as a foundation you will build a strong external network to help identify and source opportunities, as well as raising your own profile and that of McDonald’s in order to ensure we are top of mind for agents, vendors and developers.
- You will build strong market and geographical knowledge and be abreast of competitor activity and market deals.
What Team will I be a part?
You will be part of the Acquisitions Team, forming part of the wider Real Estate Development Department along with Construction and Estates. Location is flexible although regular travel for site visits and interna/external meetings is essential.
Who are my customers?
- The Senior Acquisitions Surveyor in any given region and the wider acquisitions team
- You will work collaboratively with other internal functions including Construction, Finance, Legal, Operations and Estates
- Externally you will manage relationships with agents, consultants, local authorities, vendors and other third parties throughout the acquisition and development process
What background do I need to have?
- Experience in acquisitions and/or development, preferably in the retail and leisure market (ideally)
- Chartered Surveyor (General Practice) (ideally)
- Knowledge of landlord and tenant, planning, property and contract law, and the acquisitions and development process (essential)
- A proactive approach to problem solving in order to make sound judgements based upon knowledge and experience. (Essential)
- Demonstrates the company’s core values and a commitment to providing excellent customer service (Essential)
- The ability to communicate effectively in order to co-ordinate and manage internal relationships and external parties (essential)
- Good negotiation skills
- Good market knowledge including competitor activity, deals and market planning
- Good network of contacts in the wider property environment
- Good commercial business and operations knowledge
- Be a good team player with the knowledge and enthusiasm to learn and develop
- A pragmatic and common-sense approach is essential whilst being able to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4275Y_743999882309956