Accessibility US Analyst
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
McDonald’s strives to improve the usability and accessibility of its restaurant website, mobile application, and Kiosk for all users, including those with disabilities. McDonald’s efforts to improve digital usability and accessibility are guided by McDonald’s pillars of Inclusion and Integrity as well as industry standards like the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and other existing recommendations. The McDonald's Global Digital Accessibility team is made up of accessibility professionals, each with a unique background.
We are seeking an experienced Accessibility Analyst for the US Market. The Accessibility Analyst ensures US digital platform properties and content meet McDonald’s accessibility standards and best practices globally. The ideal candidate will be an empathetic educator and collaborative problem-solver who communicates effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders who deliver websites, apps and Kiosk experiences within the US business and other areas as needed.
· Coach Content Authors / Producers on how to create, produce and publish content that meets McDonald’s Accessibility guidelines, regulatory requirements, and industry standards.
· Facilitate discussions between US and Global Product teams for Accessibility related changes to global platforms from a US market lens.
· Manage a diverse workload of projects and processes with strong problem-solving skills.
· Produce understandable reports on accessibility issues and impacts.
· Review content with accessibility in mind.
· Review and provide feedback on the content authoring and publishing platforms and internal documentation like authoring guides to aid in the coaching of creating accessible content.
· Focus on design and content accessibility user acceptance testing (also some presenting and coaching).
· Demonstrate effective and consistent communication skills with understanding about disability, accessibility, and inclusion.Qualifications:
· 3 - 5 years digital accessibility experience in the public or private sector
· In-depth knowledge of assistive technology tools (e.g., VoiceOver, NVDA, Dragon Naturally Speaking, ZoomText, mobile solutions, etc.).and practices to support individuals with disabilities using web, mobile and kiosk applications.
· Experience and ability articulating and incorporating accessibility requirements into design documents and specifications.
· Experience producing instructional resources on accessibility standards.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Strong experience with assessing digital products against WCAG 2.2 level AA (or most current version)
· Experience in supporting the production of accessible content in the implementation of ATAG 2.0 Guidelines (or most current version)
· Ability to work independently and in small groups effectively and efficiently.
· Self-motivated and proactive about work priorities alongside use of good judgment
· Confident and able to work across different digital platforms.
· 6-7 years digital accessibility experience in the public or private sector, with experience in Marketing or similar fields
· Basic understanding of Mobile Development on IOS and Android
· Actively engaged within the disability community, including workshops, events, speakers, activism, lived experience, etc.
· General awareness and understanding of technical, legal, and compliance concerns related to accessibility.
· Associate degree or higherAdditional Information:
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.