Director of Threat Intelligence
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.Job Description:
The Director of Threat Intelligence- will supervise the security program to ensure new and current security technology implementation results in informative, content that will consistently improve McDonald’s security posture.
The Director of Threat Intelligence is responsible for the collection, analysis, and dissemination of cyber threat intelligence. These capabilities will include timely collection of advanced warning of impeding IT vulnerabilities or threats, a detailed correlation, analysis, and storage of threat intelligence information, and operational support of the incident response process. They will define, deliver and sustain the enterprise management strategy and solutions from a governance, process, subject area, and technology standpoint to support McDonald’s Corporation’s global environments covering threat/vulnerability management.
- Support the 24x7x365 Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) in the effective detection, analysis, and containment of attacks
- Establish and Operate the processes vital to collect threat intelligence, analyze the data for patterns and concrete information, and build intelligence reports for other teams to consume
- Identify security risks and exposures, resolves causes of security violations and suggests procedures to halt future incidents
- Identify appropriate platform / application logging and triggers that support sophisticated fraud, cyber detection, and forensic use cases
- Lead tracking and remediation of vulnerabilities by demonstrating agreed upon action plans and timelines with vendors and support teams.
- Integrate appropriate systems and logs into the global threat management platform or Security Incident and Event Management system to properly protect critical assets
- Design, test and develop specific content and alerting to identify threats against critical assets; security tool tuning
- Document incident response procedures for new threat content and alerts
- Maintain an understanding of attacks, vectors and emerging threats
- Provide tier III support for escalated security incidents
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years’ experience in security or network architecture/engineering role
- 2+ years’ experience with internal and external threat reconnaissance
- 5+ years’ experience in strategic planning, budgeting, and allocation
- 5+ years’ experience in Global Enterprise organizations with creative problem solving
- 5+ years’ of Audit and governance experience in large global enterprises (FISMA, NCATS, CyHy, PCR, PCB)
- demonstrated ability delivering clear, compelling case realistic business case (sample required)
- One of the following certifications: SANS GCTI, SANS GOSI, CREST CRTIA, CREST CPTIA, or ECC CTIA
- Success in collaborating with customers, partners, and co-workers across cultural boundaries
- Able to identify, address or escalate potential dependencies and issues
- Effectively prioritize in high-pressure situations
- Strong project leadership and support skills
- Demonstrated track record of success in delivering in a security environment
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.