McOpCo Operations Manager
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
Implements and drives the US Strategic Agenda within assigned Profit Center to deliver the short- and long-term sales and profit results of each restaurant -- through people development and improved restaurant operations. Provides leadership, coaching and strategic direction to their entire McOpCo team. Consistently demonstrates McDonald's values and leadership behaviors to build positive business relationships with key customers including Director of Operations, Area Supervisors, Restaurant Leadership Team, Crew, and Customers.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Champions the McDonald's the People Promise by personally demonstrating, reinforcing and following-up on the 5 people drivers to gain commitment from Area Supervisors, managers and crew:
- Respect and recognition (e.g., crew and manager schedules, reward and recognition program)
- Resources to get the job done (e.g., uniforms, crew room, equipment to get job done)
- Values and Leadership behaviors (e.g., adherence to policies and procedures, crew and manager communications, acts on issues raised by crew and managers appropriately, employee commitment survey and action plans)
- Competitive Pay and Benefits (e.g., communication and execution of wage and review program for crew, managers, and Area Supervisors and performance reviews process)
- Learning, development and personal growth (e.g., crew orientation, crew training through CDP, and management training and development through Individual Development Plans - IDPs)
- Collaborates with Area Supervisor and Store Manager to ensure that individual performance targets are established (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound), performance reviews are conducted on-time and communicated one-on-one, Performance Improvement Plans are implemented, and performance results are corrected or complimented.
- Facilitates the IDP process with Area Supervisors. Assists the Area Supervisor with Restaurant Managers IDPs, and ensures that IDPs are developed and implemented for the entire management team.
- Mentors high potential individuals and provides input into succession planning process.
- Establish staffing targets are set and ensures that all restaurants in Profit Center are adequately staffed (through quality hiring and retention) to improves sales potential.
- Ensures quality hiring process is followed and is responsible for and participates in making final selection decisions on all managers (Salaried Management, Area Supervisor) based on profit center staffing needs and goals and diversity staffing objectives.
- Collaborates with Area Supervisors to certify all new Shift Running Managers using the Shift Verification Tool.
- Knows and educates Area Supervisors on all appropriate HR policies, labor laws, security and safety procedures and ensures compliance at the restaurant level.
- Leverages other available resources to build capability to deliver on the People Promise in the restaurants to achieve desired business results (e.g., HR, Training).
- Chooses the appropriate consulting approach (e.g., directive, supportive, coaching, collaborative) based on the level of performance of each Area Supervisor.
- Protects the McDonalds brand by ensuring that our restaurants meet McDonald's QSC operational standards, food safety standards, and labor laws.
- Demonstrates Customer-First Service by consistently observing restaurant operations, troubleshooting shift management, taking on-the-spot corrective actions, and recognizing successes.
- Supports, develops and requires Area Supervisors to teach restaurant leadership teams to implement the 12 restaurant systems (QSC Play book) that produce consistently high levels of QSC.
- Ensures that ROIP is completed on a rolling-12 month cycle (System Review Day, Full Operations Review - FOR, Short Operations Review - SOR, Follow-up FOR).
- Reviews and monitors action plan in each restaurant to ensure that the 3 systems are improved and targeted results are achieved.
- Ensures that restaurants properly implement local store marketing (LSM), national and co-op promotions and the execution of new products and processes within the mini-market.
- Represents McOpCo's interest in local co-op (e.g., test products, promotions, equipment, and materials; and provides reason and performance of each test).
- Collaborates with the Director of Operations and the Area Supervisors to develop the annual business plan for the Profit Center.
- Uses all information resources available (e.g. Restaurant data, F.O.R/S.O.R, Mystery Shop, 800-number, Bottom-Line commitment, QCR, Operations Report, P&L) to identify opportunities and threats to delivering business results and adjusts business plan tactics accordingly.
- Accountable for creating a positive work environment to optimize business results (increased customer counts, increased sales, increased profits, and outstanding QSC).
- Verify that all McDonald's standard practices and procedures are met (e.g., cash, security, food safety, pricing).
- Develops and implements reinvestment plans on an annual basis to include opening new restaurants, re-builds, re-models, equipment purchases, etc.
- Administers the G&A for the Profit Center.
- Leverages all available resources (e.g., Training, HR, Accounting, Analysts, Marketing, Divisional Team) to achieve business plan results.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- Experience working within McOpCo strongly preferred
- Proven project management implementation skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Proven experience influencing and getting results through others
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.