At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.
Position title: Marketing Specialist
Department: National Marketing, Beverage + Breakfast categories
Position band: Specialist (Global Grade G2)
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
We currently have an opportunity for a Marketing Specialist, to join our team at the Toronto Corporate Office. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment filled with non-stop action, then this role is for you! In this role you would work closely with the Marketing Manager/Sr. Marketing Manager to manage and execute National Programs across Breakfast, Bakery and Beverage categories.
Who you are
You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to solve problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong organizational and planning skills to move the company forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
**This position is a Flex Hybrid Model, requiring 3 days in-office and 2 days remote.**
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager/Sr. Marketing Manager to manage and execute National Programs and lead deployment of marketing campaigns, retail promotions and product launches including manager’s guides, advertising creative/production and merchandising; supporting the development of communication briefs and cross-functional briefing presentations with creative thinking, and providing strategic feedback
- Support the overall Beverage + Breakfast + Bakery category team as key point person on the following cross-category initiatives such as Mailer Brief inputs, Owned Channel creative input, and Internal Communications input. Responsible for facilitating and influencing the cross-functional team, managing the collaborative process to ensure initiatives are on strategy, approved by all stakeholders and within required timelines
- On select McDonald’s McCafé Beverage, Breakfast and Bakery owned channels only programs develop internal presentations for steering committee stage gate approval process and write corresponding briefs for merchandising and digital owned channels creative championing program to final execution
- Synthesize Data and develop presentations working with NPD, Consumer and Business Insights teams to understand and inform category development opportunities, consumer needs, and identify opportunities to drive profitable sales & visits
- Pull together Quarterly Post Reports for key categories including managing inputs from Business Insights, Consumer Insights, Digital Team, Market Analysis from Agency Partners, NPD Market Share data, Brand perceptions metrics from research studies.
- Other day to day admin duties: Manage research tracking submissions including keeping on top of Canadian market trends and pricing, Run cross-functional team status calls, Budget Tracking & Reporting, Other duties as assigned
- The experience:
- 2-4 years of marketing experience in consumer retail or service marketing or category management, Coffee/Beverage and/or QSR food experience an advantage but not necessary
- Interest in the customer experience and how to best deliver Guest needs/wants
- Digitally savvy with an understanding of how to reach consumers in a social world
- The education: Post-secondary degree with a focus on Marketing, Business and/or related discipline. MBA is considered an asset
- Technical skills: Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Collaborative and communication skills: Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with management, staff, and external partners. Proficiency in French an asset
- Innovative problem-solving skills: Critical thinker and ability to escalate when assistance is needed in a timely manner
- Project management experience: Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to make critical decisions to execute project activities without error
- Flexibility: comfortable working independently and collaboratively in fast-paced and multi-functional matrix organization
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.