Director of Strategic Sourcing (Beef & Pork - Europe)
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
This position is a key member of the Global Beef, Pork and Fish Team, that will develop and implement a "best in class" beef strategy for Europe. This strategy will deliver a more resilient supply chain for our beef products across Europe by supporting our customer needs and expectations and creating the greatest value to our business.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Senior Director, Strategic Sourcing - Beef, Pork and Fish you will be accountable to:
1) Design, develop and implement a European beef strategy across the value chain that delivers on the category vision to collaborate across all 3 legs of the stool (People, Franchisees and Suppliers) to grow a more resilient protein supply chain that is safe and sustainable, delivers high quality and builds value while ensuring brand protection.
2) Manage global supplier relationships across the beef category to drive enhanced resiliency and performance across contingency planning and testing, cost savings and digitalization.
3) Collaborate with the Beef, Port and Fish team to build long term supply solutions that improve resiliency of the raw material supply chain, given its global nature and opportunities.
4) Lead and execute regional RFP’s and manage supplier pricing protocol agreements.
5) Lead transversal projects across the protein category and support project teams as required.
Key Success Measures
- Able to build resiliency into the supply chain, including strengthening and testing contingency plans for assured Supply; enhancing brand trust; and ensuring competitiveness of total cost to serve without impacting quality, food safety and social workplace accountability.
- Able to build strong business relations with markets (including teams in Developmental Licensee markets), global suppliers, Global Protein team, Field Service and across the Global Supply Chain (GSC) functions
- Lead Supplier Relationship Management and drive suppliers to self-managed excellence
- Able to demonstrate continuous improvements across the protein supply chain
- Able to bring creative and innovative ideas to life
- Uses data to develop strong business insights and actionable solutions.
- Understanding of sustainability and how to incorporate it into product sourcing strategies by making it commercially viable
- Understands and lives the McDonald’s values everyday: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, Family.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- BA/BSc in supply chain management, economics, management and/or agriculture or related field.
- Experience in developing multi-year food sourcing strategies, preferably Beef or Pork, that are inclusive of raw material and finished product.
- Accountable for managing large spend food categories and have a strong knowledge of global supply and commodity issues.
- Successfully partnering strategically with suppliers to develop strong system first initiatives and solutions.
- Strong verbal and written Communication skills required
- Analytical, problem solving, negotiation, organizational and leadership skills
- Able to function within a team-oriented environment and collaborate cross functionally on multidisciplinary efforts across geographies
- Understanding of sustainability and how to incorporate it into product strategies.
- Experience of working in "agile" environments.
Good to know: This role requires international travel up to 25%
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4143Q_743999875918288
- Supply Chain